Back from the Dead!
Are your window treatments outdated or tired-looking? Maybe you recently changed the color of the walls, and the draperies that once looked fine now appear to be nothing more than garage sale fodder! Before you lay them to rest, consider whether a resurrection might be possible.
There are lots of things that can be done to give new life to existing window treatments. Here are a few you might consider:
1. Give them a good cleaning! Try vacuuming, using a hose and brush attachment. It’s shocking to see how much dust can accumulate on drapes over time. If they are really soiled, have them professionally dry-cleaned.
2. Add a band (or two!) either horizontally or vertically, in a contrast fabric
3. Sew some trim along the leading edge. Flat Braid or Tassel Fringe looks beautiful in this application. Or consider a row of buttons to spice things up.
4. Update your hardware to something more substantial and interesting.
5. Add another layer for interest…a woven wood or cellular shade can provide contrast in both color and texture that translates to “new life” for your tired old drapes!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.